Monday 26 November 2012

City Of Bones Teaser Trailer Feedback!!



Now I meant to have done this not long after the teaser trailer came out but sadly my life is full of college work and working as a lifeguard trying to gather up enough money for Xmas gifts - but hey... better late than never at all!!!!


First of before the teaser trailer came out, let's just remember this:




I mean how cool is THIS!!!!

Showing that not all what it seems s a GREAT way to promote a book-to-movie film. I love how the city of New York is shown on topside and the other city in the reflection - showing such great secrecy of the Shadowhunters and I know there's Photoshop involved but wow they have done a great job of showing the "hidden" world that is known to those who have read the series - it's also shows the newbies what they are missing and maybe get into The Mortal Instruments series!



Now - the teaser trailer.....

Because of the five hour difference I had to wait till the next morning and since I have work the early morning - I had to watch it and then take with me to work to watch about 50 more times and more!!

I wanted to do a reaction video but because it was THAT early in the morning and I had been too excited - I watched it - and the reaction....jaw-drop and gobsmacked. I had no words and then as I was travelling to work - I had to keep the fangirl very very quiet....

Since I have no other fan to get fangirl with (and believe me - I have been trying!) I turned to any of my work mates (one of them made fun of me - but hey, work placements can be cruel and harsh!) and later to my Mum who said and I quote: "This is good" and I always told her about the London Trips I went to meet Cassandra Clare and the fact that this was turning into a movie and she was all "so, so" until she said a few minutes after seeing the trailer "It looks scary!"

 I replied "It's the realistic world mixed in with the mythical world - of course it'll be scary!"

When I asked her what one word to describe it - she said "Intriguing" and mention of maybe seeing it - yeah I was happy with that!!!

Showing this to one of my mates from college also made me VERY happy!! She hadn't read the series but loves a lot of films (we're both looking forward to The Hobbit and I was chatting to her on facebook when I asked if she saw it.

She did and a few minutes later she said "not gonna lie.... its looks F***ING AMAZING!! I WANT TO WATCH IT!! D:"

Yeah I was VERY VERY happy about that and plan to watch it too with t-shirts included!!! XD


So back to trailer and as a Media student I saw a lot of things:

The second the music background kick in - I knew what it was and suddenly Jarred Harris's voice came in like on cue and in time with the music - THAT was cool and still gives me goosebumps with that narration.

The first shot of New York nearing to the end of the day was brilliant - the setting of a normal day - fade to black and then another shot of two people in front of a statue. This is a good intro because the shot to me - looks like a student and mentor moment - the start of everything new.

Anyone who have read the series will know who they are. Further on into the trailer shows that a young girl Clary is about to discover a world she NEVER thought she knew.

The Angelic rune on Clarey's coffee was really cool by the way - sorry had to say that and really clever idea from the director!!

"All the stories are true" - could that BE any awesome!!!!!

Next scene is the pandemonium scene - the scene that changes Clary's (the main heroine) life forever. Already there are changes from the book  and in the past I was never happy with that (WHAT?! I was a kid - you can't blame me for that!) And you're about to make a movie less than 3 hours from a 400-500 page book. In the media world that's HARD because there are scenes or certain things that are not possible to do and certain special effects/CGI that just cannot be done in our world!!

However there are such things as good changes and then there are those "let's rip half the story and replace it with something else!" changes.

Example A: The Golden Compass (REAL name: Northern Lights - still not happy with that!)

From what I've been hearing from the author and the awesome TMI Source website and other fansites who have seen the set with their own eyes - They are soooo lucky by the way! :(

These changes are good and I can also see that as the original idea is there but improved/adapted into something told in a different light that really works and I'm thrilled with it!!! Isabelle wearing THE white dress is pretty cool thing keep from the book.
 
Now you know what I said before about movie changing into the book - I meant that I was fine with it but there is that fangirl in me that's "ohh....they changed that....ok?" But I'm open minded about this and I have been doing ever since the time when David Tennant replaced Christopher Eccleston in Doctor Who. I was all "WHAT!! HOW COULD HE LEAVE AFTER ONE SERIES!!" But then after watching David Tennant coming out of the TARDIS and saying about who he is and all that jazz - I was won over - I've been open minded ever since (even if in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - they got the simple detail wrong! The scar "I must not tell lies" is on the left hand - not the right!!)

Why am I saying all the blah about open mindedness, is this - Jace's eyes were not pale yellow/gold like they are in the book - However I seem to have forgotten about that as Jamie  Campbell Bower played Jace right down to his personality so after seeing the Jace Wayland from within (You're not a mundane.....Have a little faith - Those quotes are soooo Jace and the snarky Jace was there too!!!) I am VERY happy about that!!! Also from what I heard from other websites - Cassandra Clare knows about the eyes and that there are plans - CGI maybe?

Another change is the white hair of the main villain Valentine. Jonathan Rhys Meyers who plays not stuck to his natural brown hair but also had had styling tips from Jack Sparrow but hey - I still see the bad guy when it came to him with that portal (soooo cool and the reflection - fab!)and the fight scenes -  yeah I can work with that. There's always gonna be changes!!!

I saw a lot of character that I wanted to see - except from Magnus Bane but apparently he was but only in voice over which I'm always thinking I'm Jace as they sound familiar but hey!!

Like I said before there is a lot of fangirl in me - so I watch fan reaction videos - and I watched a lot!!! My favourite is the GingerBookNerd one and I love the reaction AFTER watching the trailer.

Now is it just me - or does not notice the flip? Seriously a lot of actors don't do any stunts and Jamie Campbell Bower done a lot and you know it's him. Like for example Orlando Bloom in Pirates in the Carribean - right at the end, the cameraman shot the flip in a angle where you notice the character but not the actor - especially the face which you can't see. With Jamie you see his face up front and it's soooo cool that he can pull off something like that - plus sliding across the car roof was pretty awesome too!!! Kick that car door down!!!

 
The advert at the where about the book and the fact you can buy them at any bookstore is a REALLY great to not only promote the movie but the book too - more new "mundane" fans on the go!!!
 

 
I could talk a LOT more about this teaser trailer knowing this is where I keep my college work - I better stop before my tutors wondering why I'm talking rubbish!!
 
 
I even made screen shots of the trailer so... here they are - click on them they should be bigger when you do!!!! XD:
 


















No comments:

Post a Comment