Wednesday 3 April 2013

City of Bones Theatrical Trailer/Trailer 2 Feedback



On the day it was suppose to be out - I literally couldn't stop looking at my phone or the laptop Internet and because of the time differences I had to wait until Midnight - or ten minutes before as it came out early. The moment I saw it and click on it, the screen was small and I was all "WTF!!" but then went straight for it and watched it - and then figured how it get it big on screen and watched another 15 times more. And more after that in the next few days.

I was SOOOOOO excited as I love the book series and anything else by Cassandra Clare (Clockwork Princess is sooooo brilliant by the way!) and I am super excited about the movie (The cast is awesome by the way - Jamie IS Jace - has been since the beginning!!) and so this was a definite break between now and the movie release day August 23rd. Sooooo long by the way it is killing me!!!

I seen the reaction from the comments on YouTube and so on elsewhere and the reaction was good - Nope....more than that - FANDOM MAYHEM EVERYWHERE!!!!! (some negative people who aren't fans cannot deal with this amazing book should just go away for crying out loud!!)

My reaction - I. Was. Speechless. It was weird because in the in ten minutes before it was out I was pacing, heart pounding and literally wanted to scream and shot about it but then after I saw the trailer - I was calm and collected but I was sooooo happy.

Now we all know that because the book is nearly 450 pages so there's gonna be changes and some things taken out but so far from what I've seen and heard - it is AWESOME!! Everything in the trailer was perfect and it leaves you with wanting more.

The first thing I noticed or I reckon is that the "Pandemonium" scene that is the first scene of the book to be a little later after the movie starts which I think works as for anyone who hasn't read the books yet would understand the storyline a little more - I think.

Now for anyone who has read the books and seen both trailers will notice that Jace's eyes kept changing from blue to pale yellow and then back and forth. I'm like "OK" because from what I heard Jamie couldn't wear contacts and neither could Lily (because in the book Clary has green eyes instead of brown) and because of the stunts they did would mess up their vision - and why would we because they both have pretty, pretty eyes! And it's the same thing with the posters with Jace on it - one blue, one pale yellow if you look on the ITunes page. Still it is going to be interesting because when the movie comes out we will find out the reason and I remember Cassandra Clare saying (can't remember the article) that there are "plans" about Jace's eyes and I'm like "There are plans?" and then the fangirl comes out.




Either way I don't mind because when the teaser trailer came out it took 10 times watching until I realised "Jace's eyes are blue?!" but because Jamie put sooooo much of the character of Jace into the role - I thought "oh well - Jamie is Jace anyways" HAPPY TIMES!!

I still think that Valentine should have his silvery hair but Jonathan Rhys Meyers is a brilliant actor so I'm gonna let that go. If Cassie can about the casting and the filming things that weren't in the book - then I can too and besides changes are good if the original idea is there somewhere along the line.


I really like the music tracks that are played throughout - I don't know why some people didn't like the Radiohead track (All I need) - I thought it set the mood like the dark is descending slightly and it was brilliant hearing "Surface of the sun/Kaneda's Death, Pt. 2" again - I really love that track. It was nice to hear something new "Echelon" by Jack Trammell. All great music!!!!



Using PrintScreen button and Photoshop - I made screenshots - took me FOREVER but hey when you love something you don't really care. I certainly didn't!!




























































No comments:

Post a Comment